Текущее время: 28 мар 2024 17:09

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Правила форума

Внимание! Все права на материалы опубликованные в этом форуме принадлежат их авторам! Перепечатка туториалов и статей разрешена только со ссылкой на этот сайт! В противном случае факт перепечатки считается нарушением авторских прав!

Новая тема Ответить
Страница 1 из 1
[ Сообщений: 5 ]
Автор
Заголовок сообщения: Parsing RTCW cinematic text
СообщениеДобавлено: 09 мар 2017 14:59
Hello. Working on an experimental SP cinematic mod of mine for some time, I need someone with a decent knowledge of the RTCW source code willing to give me a tip the way how the engine handles the display order, and thus if able to script a scene with included proper dialogue lines. I am not much sure if the Quake3 engine is able produce this at the slightest bit, as expected teh print command does no difference in forcing game format a long sentence of text on different row, so continued dialogues get displayed in correct manner. Maybe get moved to a different fixed position on screen, if made necessary.

In the long run I had a thought on my mind, try and trick out the sound system of the game, like, editing a particular dialogue sound-file to include just a few seconds of silence, long enough for text to appear. Luckily, it was fair simple to work so I came thinking, what if.. id had written piece of code that did not made it due to engine restrictions? Because I feel that it was going to.

About years ago I had old friend of mine both we tried to disassemble the SC for weeks, but we were running our minds worn out, as both of us were bunch of stubborn idiots.

Also, nobody mentions the PS2 game levels anymore, are we able put subtitles with Operation Resurrection version, those marvelous Egypt missions should have had them initially? Did anyone ever attempted on that? PS2 modding is a b*tch.
Discord: N3rwitZ/Nerwitz#8444 (Quite often :D)
Заголовок сообщения: Re: Parsing RTCW cinematic text
СообщениеДобавлено: 09 мар 2017 17:38
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=3058

СообщениеДобавлено: 09 мар 2017 18:59
As far as I am concerned, it's synchronizing an obstacle. Now I did read whole aforementioned you linked me, hand-writting the subtitles is alright, well can't thank you enough for fixing the annoying Tesla bugs cramping the game play with in your patch and all.

Syncing makes a major issue when having dialogue intensive scene, which amounts at maximum of 3-4 lines per voice. Im hard at figuring that these past months as I certainly lack coding in #C.
СообщениеДобавлено: 10 мар 2017 00:43
Eugeny and maybe WolfETPlayer were trying to give Rtcw subtitle support. Hopefully they will succeed with this task.

My Blogspot site with reviews of recent Rtcw Sp maps: http://ronboyreviews.blogspot.com/

Mod DB: https://www.moddb.com/members/ronboy
СообщениеДобавлено: 10 мар 2017 13:41
I sure hope so, as that allows for people with impaired hearing get better overview at storytelling & mod authors tell much more deep plots, as well as give room for voice acting with proper german-english accent. Looking at Industrial Espionage, Operation Deathshead (did a wonderful job Ronboy <3) & zillion more worthy SP-mods.
Страница 1 из 1
[ Сообщений: 5 ]

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа