Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Новая тема Ответить
Страница 1 из 1
[ Сообщений: 5 ]
Автор
Заголовок сообщения: Anisotropic Problem in RTCW
СообщениеДобавлено: 22 дек 2017 02:11
Hello everyone!

I'm a RTCW fan and I have been playing the game for quite some years now, but I recently ran into a problem: I upgraded my video card to a VTX HD 7750 and now I don't see the Anisotropic filtering anymore, no matter if I use the 1.42c or the 1.42d Patch. It simply doesn't appear anymore in the game's menu, although I inserted the sp_pak4.pk3 file too in the Main folder.

Here is how the game looks now:

Изображение

Изображение

See, the Anisotropic Filtering is now missing, although I use the 1.42d Patch!

I had before an ASUS Radeon HD 3870 and I NEVER had this problem, the game ran perfectly with the 1.42c Patch and I HAD the Anisotropic right there in the game's menu.

My PC specs are - Quad Core AMD Phenom II X4 945 (3000 MHz), 2x4 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX, ASUS Motherboard M4A88T-M, and I am using Windows XP Professional SP2.

I assume it is because of the driver change, with the HD 3870 I used Catalyst 10.4 and everything was OK, but with my new HD 7750 I use Catalyst 14.4. I also tried various previous versions of Catalyst, like 13.9, but the Anisotropic was still missing.

I don't know what to do, and I think it's not normal for this to happen, so I decided to ask you, actually it was Mike Smith (Ronboy) who suggested that I talk to you about this, perhaps you stumbled upon such a problem too, so maybe you know a fix for this. I even opened the wolfconfig.cfg file with notepad and I saw that at Anisotropic it was set to 0, so I changed it to 1, but that still didn't fix my problem.

If you could please help me with this, I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
СообщениеДобавлено: 22 дек 2017 05:08
Alan Wolf писал(а):
Hello everyone!

I'm a RTCW fan and I have been playing the game for quite some years now, but I recently ran into a problem: I upgraded my video card to a VTX HD 7750 and now I don't see the Anisotropic filtering anymore, no matter if I use the 1.42c or the 1.42d Patch. It simply doesn't appear anymore in the game's menu, although I inserted the sp_pak4.pk3 file too in the Main folder.

Here is how the game looks now:

Изображение

Изображение

See, the Anisotropic Filtering is now missing, although I use the 1.42d Patch!

I had before an ASUS Radeon HD 3870 and I NEVER had this problem, the game ran perfectly with the 1.42c Patch and I HAD the Anisotropic right there in the game's menu.

My PC specs are - Quad Core AMD Phenom II X4 945 (3000 MHz), 2x4 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX, ASUS Motherboard M4A88T-M, and I am using Windows XP Professional SP2.

I assume it is because of the driver change, with the HD 3870 I used Catalyst 10.4 and everything was OK, but with my new HD 7750 I use Catalyst 14.4. I also tried various previous versions of Catalyst, like 13.9, but the Anisotropic was still missing.

I don't know what to do, and I think it's not normal for this to happen, so I decided to ask you, actually it was Mike Smith (Ronboy) who suggested that I talk to you about this, perhaps you stumbled upon such a problem too, so maybe you know a fix for this. I even opened the wolfconfig.cfg file with notepad and I saw that at Anisotropic it was set to 0, so I changed it to 1, but that still didn't fix my problem.

If you could please help me with this, I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Anisotropic filtering is in the game, but it is not used for any reason.

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Anisotropic Problem in RTCW
СообщениеДобавлено: 22 дек 2017 06:23
What do you mean it's in the game but is not used? It used to work when I had the previous card and Catalyst 10.4, why isn't it working now?
СообщениеДобавлено: 22 дек 2017 15:49
Alan Wolf писал(а):
What do you mean it's in the game but is not used? It used to work when I had the previous card and Catalyst 10.4, why isn't it working now?

You see only button to set it on, but game don't use this, and it's don't work in any way (with or w\o tumbler). If you really want play with filtering use QEffect.
Заголовок сообщения: Re: Anisotropic Problem in RTCW
СообщениеДобавлено: 22 дек 2017 20:53
I don't think you understood what I meant. I had the Anisotropic filter in the game's menu, just like you can see it in this photo here:

Изображение

See? Right there, below the Texture Filter (which was set to Bilinear in this photo), it's a slider (or however you call it) just like the Brightness slider. And when I had the HD 3870 and I was using the 1.42c Patch, it was always present.

But now, ever since I bought my new VTX HD 7750 and changed the driver from Catalyst 10.4 to catalyst 14.4, it's gone. It no longer appears in the game's menu. Have a look again at how the game's menu looks now:

Изображение

You can clearly see there that underneath the "Texture filter" and above the "Compress Textures" there is something missing. That is the place where the "Anisotropic filter" was supposed to be. And it's nothing there anymore, and I can clearly see that the game looks blurred now, just like any other game looks when the anisotropic is not used.

So why? Why did this happen? Why is the Anisotropic not present there anymore? I need an explanation for this, or a solution, something that would make it reappear (so to speak) again in the game's menu, please.
[ Сообщений: 5 ]

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа