Текущее время: 28 мар 2024 12:24

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Новая тема Ответить
Страница 6 из 8
[ Сообщений: 109 ]
На страницу Пред.  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  След.
Автор
Заголовок сообщения: Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein - BUGS and CURIOSITIES.
СообщениеДобавлено: 20 янв 2018 12:02
Anders Basymowski писал(а):
Ахтунг , тревога ! Некоторые злые языки утверждают , что сеньор Викпас присвоил себе работы уважаемого Йошика. В качестве доказательства приводят вот это видео https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HSWjIEh9ks&t=541s

Все гораздо хуже, они оба "присвоили" мою незаконченную карту Cathedral :lol: viewtopic.php?p=34319#p34319
СообщениеДобавлено: 20 янв 2018 13:38
shurr писал(а):
Anders Basymowski писал(а):
Ахтунг , тревога ! Некоторые злые языки утверждают , что сеньор Викпас присвоил себе работы уважаемого Йошика. В качестве доказательства приводят вот это видео https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HSWjIEh9ks&t=541s

Все гораздо хуже, они оба "присвоили" мою незаконченную карту Cathedral :lol: viewtopic.php?p=34319#p34319
Ха-Ха-Ха ..
СообщениеДобавлено: 06 мар 2018 16:11
он ее плохо интерпретировал (viewtopic.php?f=136&p=34327#p34327), а языки таки да, злые :devil:
СообщениеДобавлено: 20 мар 2018 09:36
Hello, do will exist a bsp converter that runs under Windows 8? To me actually don't works anymore.. I want update shaders in assault and forest maps to make visible the shadowlightmap then recompile. Should work because the game was updated during entire 2002 as Q3map2 was updated about EasyGen terrain, but Rtcw maps was from 2000-2001.
СообщениеДобавлено: 20 мар 2018 14:47
HI, HellBaron.
In this forum has all original maps already converted.
See here: viewtopic.php?f=135&t=1884
СообщениеДобавлено: 20 мар 2018 15:39
Vicpas thank you really much!
СообщениеДобавлено: 08 июн 2018 15:32
СообщениеДобавлено: 08 июн 2018 22:17
About curiosities, I discover that what I said before was correct: Rtcw has the same capabilities of map editor of Wolf:ET, that means detail textures in terrain meshes and shadowlightmaps as in vertex brushes.
Korfe map by Detoeni proved that in the far 2003! A great map work, a masterpiece that looks really good after all this time. Not sure why don't uses fog <_< but surely looks better with a good visibility in a clear day.

The trick is use the command q3map_nonplanar in the terrain shader:

textures/bighill
{
q3map_nonplanar <------ MAGIC WORD INTRODUCED IN WOLF:ET (and Rtcw 1.33)
surfaceparm grasssteps (this is needed for right sound)
{
map/textures/bighill <---------- YOUR TEXTURE
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
rgbGen identity
}
{
map $lightmap
blendFunc filter <-------------------LIGHTMAP
rgbGen identity
}

Basically forest map and many other outdoor places can be lightmapped in this way adding depth in the level.
Actually the terrain shader in pak0 affects the 90% of rtcw custom maps, obsolete. :no:
СообщениеДобавлено: 09 июн 2018 00:05
vicpas писал(а):
Wolfenstein Funny Moments video

Nice to see another one of these videos from Yo$hik. I'll advertise it via one of my website updates. :D

HellBaron писал(а):
About curiosities, I discover that what I said before was correct: Rtcw has the same capabilities of map editor of Wolf:ET, that means detail textures in terrain meshes and shadowlightmaps as in vertex brushes.
Korfe map by Detoeni proved that in the far 2003! A great map work, a masterpiece that looks really good after all this time. Not sure why don't uses fog <_< but surely looks better with a good visibility in a clear day.

The trick is use the command q3map_nonplanar in the terrain shader:

textures/bighill
{
q3map_nonplanar <------ MAGIC WORD INTRODUCED IN WOLF:ET (and Rtcw 1.33)
surfaceparm grasssteps (this is needed for right sound)
{
map/textures/bighill <---------- YOUR TEXTURE
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
rgbGen identity
}
{
map $lightmap
blendFunc filter <-------------------LIGHTMAP
rgbGen identity
}

Basically forest map and many other outdoor places can be lightmapped in this way adding depth in the level.
Actually the terrain shader in pak0 affects the 90% of rtcw custom maps, obsolete. :no:

Interesting, I didn't know that. If only Gray Matter Studios would have made Rtcw less ancient (as far as the engine is concerned), then it would be an even better game. :yes:

My Blogspot site with reviews of recent Rtcw Sp maps: http://ronboyreviews.blogspot.com/

Mod DB: https://www.moddb.com/members/ronboy
СообщениеДобавлено: 26 июн 2018 10:29
I'm amazed how the developers could create such an error with the logo of the texture on the door to the Assault mission.
On all the doors one half is normal and the other is not.

Изображение

Most of all I am surprised at the pre-release video on E3 2001 textures on all sides of the doors are normal.

How can this be? The saddest thing is that it is impossible to fix this bug.

The same garbage and the version of the XBOX. On PS2, the texture is normal.
СообщениеДобавлено: 26 июн 2018 12:07
Wolf писал(а):
I'm amazed how the developers could create such an error with the logo of the texture on the door to the Assault mission.
On all the doors one half is normal and the other is not.
Обычная ошибка, встречается у всех мапперов. На второй стороне браша текстура всегда будет отображаться зеркально. Забыли/поленились Horizontal Stretch сделать со знаком "минус", потом эту дверь скопировали по всему уровню
СообщениеДобавлено: 26 июн 2018 15:50
I noticed that some errors on PC version were corrected on Xbox or PS2 version.
СообщениеДобавлено: 26 июн 2018 17:09
vicpas писал(а):
I noticed that some errors on PC version were corrected on Xbox or PS2 version.

What kind?
СообщениеДобавлено: 26 июн 2018 19:54
Да в волчатине подобных ошибок и недочетов огромное количество. Игра очевидно делалась маленькой командной в очень сжатые контрактные сроки.

Чего стоят упоминания в коде таких вещей как VENOM_SHOTGUN, BAR, BAR2, WP_CROSS. Часть наработок конечно перетекла в консольные версии. Но все же видно, что тупо не хватило времени и возможно некоего опыта.
СообщениеДобавлено: 26 июн 2018 23:40
I agree with WolfETPlayer. The game, like almost all games, was rushed in some sections, thus some bugs or leftovers were included in the final release. I didn't know that some leftover code for other weapons, like the cross, shotgun and BAR existed in the game's source code though. :o

Also, in your video above, Wolf, the guy in the video mentioned a first objective for the assault level, which was to destroy an experimental aircraft that's inside one of the hangers, then proceed to escape with the Kobra rocket plane, as it happens in the game's final release. It appears that the game's devs removed this first objective, for some reason, but left the second objective. The first objective's leftover can be seen in the original game's sp_pak1.pk3 file, in the sound/scenaric/assault/jetexplosion.wav file.

My Blogspot site with reviews of recent Rtcw Sp maps: http://ronboyreviews.blogspot.com/

Mod DB: https://www.moddb.com/members/ronboy
Страница 6 из 8
[ Сообщений: 109 ]

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа