Текущее время: 29 мар 2024 00:25

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Новая тема Ответить
Страница 10 из 12
[ Сообщений: 173 ]
На страницу Пред.  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  След.
Автор
Заголовок сообщения: Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox)
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 15:03
everything in Excel is right. May be the software have some bugs, I don't write it.

About the CACHEMAP files - this is a dump (memory map) of Xbox, that have level loaded!

BSP files in PC are in pre-compilled format, so they can be opened in editor. But then the game is loading the level, RTCW game engine made a modifications (compiling) to the files, that can't be reversed.

CACHEMAP is a dump of that LOADED levels from Xbox hardware.

The only way to make this files working on PC is to write a loader for compilled BSP files in RTCW engine. It's not impossible, as developers of Xbox versions do exactly the same.
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 15:19
CACHEMAP is a optimization for a Xbox hardware. Is just much faster to load a memory dump.
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 15:20
if anyone is interested in future reverse-engineering of cachemap files, I can provide all my work, there is no need to hide it.
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 15:37
cybdmn писал(а):
N3rwitZ писал(а):
^ Muhhhh crap, Microsoft does bitchy file protections ffs.

p.s.: Wait Caesar007 alone just logged on-line > 25 Apr 2017 10:46 :+:

I guess those files aren't protected, i guess they are compressed. While trying out some tools, while none of the typical LZ-capable decomression tools (like expand command in windows) where able to decompress anything, one of these tool printed out a message about the compression rate, which was under one per cent. Compression could be the reason, why there are none of the typical file headers, for these are easy to compress.

And it seems to be logic, that these files, while built for a microsoft console, are something similiar as windows cab files, which uses LZ file compression. Microsoft uses them for various stuff. Files for Windows Installer packages (msi) uses internal or external cab files, if not uncompressed. And cab files was used for install packages for old Windows CE devices aswell.

I think that luxox, the user from splash damage forum could be useful, for he was able to successfully extract the shotgun model from ToW. And hopefully Caesar007 could help too.

At least just hex edit based ripping alone don't seem to work out.

Makes sense the compression methods used, for packing every asset into single executed file, you know better. As you may already know from Splash Damage forums I am being member of, am not handful with programming at all, for that I can't provide, like most of us folk interested in playing ToW on PCs, anything in order break the, lets name, "checks" to decompile the Bsps.

I feel retarded just writing this LOL.

Caesar007 buddy good idea be spread awareness on SD board http://forums.warchest.com/forumdisplay ... olfenstein, many more handy guys hang there.
Discord: N3rwitZ/Nerwitz#8444 (Quite often :D)
Последний раз редактировалось N3rwitZ 25 апр 2017 15:43, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 15:42
And also - no compression is used in CACHEMAP files. Just a pure memory dump.
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 15:53
Gotta say man Thanks for all you did, whatever the progress. Efforts are something. :2beer: If it been me, I might gave up researching the memory dumps before everyone else.
Discord: N3rwitZ/Nerwitz#8444 (Quite often :D)
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 16:17
Eugeny писал(а):
Models in mdc format can be extract via HEX editor

As well as any file containing plain text.

Here is a comparsion of a tga file in hex editor, left is created from Caesars tool, applied on ee1_assets.cachemap, right extracted from pak0.pk3 from RtCW.

Note how completely different these files. And note the path in file on the left side, which seems to be more like a marker for extracting, than anything to be found in an image file itself.
And it misses the marker "TRUEVISION-XFILE." on the end of the file completely, as like in ee1_assets.cachemap itself.

Sorry for the big image. Smaller image would hard to readable.

Изображение
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 16:21
Caesar007 писал(а):
if anyone is interested in future reverse-engineering of cachemap files, I can provide all my work, there is no need to hide it.

That may be very helpful.
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 17:52
test on boss1 cachemap. that app was tested on it.

TGA files from RTCW PK3 archive is in PC format and contains header and so on.

TGA files from Xbox RTCW memory dump are not TGA files, but a textures prepared for fast usage on GeForce3 chip. They don't contain headers and all of them are tiled (this is needed for GPU). These "Textures" can be converted back to PC TGA files format, but it's not an easy process.

Anyway - the problem is in files "clipmap" and "world" - these files present a compilled BSP PC file. They don't exist in PC version as files, as they are only used in memory during gameplay. But the functions, that make these "files" from BSP exist in every Q3 engine. The problem is - the process can not be reversed.
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 17:53
also all textures are 4 times smaller in size compared to PC version.
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 17:57
to load a level from clipmap/world combo, we need to find a programmer, that have an experience with Q3 engine.
СообщениеДобавлено: 25 апр 2017 23:39
Caesar007 писал(а):
to load a level from clipmap/world combo, we need to find a programmer, that have an experience with Q3 engine.

Maybe Eugeny would be suitable for this task? ;)

It's great to see you again, Caesar. It's sad that your work has stopped, at least for now. Hopefully you or someone else can resume the progress that's been made up to this point.

My Blogspot site with reviews of recent Rtcw Sp maps: http://ronboyreviews.blogspot.com/

Mod DB: https://www.moddb.com/members/ronboy
СообщениеДобавлено: 31 июл 2017 16:47
Caesar007 писал(а):
Евгений, чем, как и откуда ты извлёк картики, которые запостил ранее?

Распаковал с помощью утилиты выложенной в этой теме:
в файле 0005.block.01 имеются картинки

в TextureFinder открыл файл "merc_body_black.tga". Методом тыка разобрался что, текстура размером 256x256, сдвиг 125 и формат DXT1.
В текстуру вшит mip mapping, возможно это не tga, a DDS

СообщениеДобавлено: 09 авг 2017 16:47
Guys if you will convert all maps, do you have possibility to use the same renderer of Wolfenstein:ET? Tides of War uses ET engine, it's visible when you looks water (cubemap reflections), ejecting brass from weapons and lightmapped terrain engine (forest map and others).
СообщениеДобавлено: 09 авг 2017 23:25
HellBaron писал(а):
Guys if you will convert all maps, do you have possibility to use the same renderer of Wolfenstein:ET? Tides of War uses ET engine, it's visible when you looks water (cubemap reflections), ejecting brass from weapons and lightmapped terrain engine (forest map and others).

This is an excellent idea. After all, the Wolf ET engine is superior to the vanilla Rtcw engine, which is really outdated and with many limitations. :yes:

My Blogspot site with reviews of recent Rtcw Sp maps: http://ronboyreviews.blogspot.com/

Mod DB: https://www.moddb.com/members/ronboy
Страница 10 из 12
[ Сообщений: 173 ]

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа